Vast, black emptiness

I am painfully aware that I miss you,
That I will never see you or talk to you again.
The door shut in my face for the last time;
We said our final goodbyes.
All that is left now is the unspoken:
Everything that should have been said but wasn’t said,
Thick and pungent in the air.
I knew your heart, I could read your soul.
Not a word spoken, but I knew.
And now… nothing but memories.
I tried to push you away from the hole, but ended up plunging in myself.
And now I’m falling, falling…
When does this end?
Now I’m angry with you,
Angry that you left,
Angry because you didn’t have a choice.
The decision was made for you.
And for me.
I’m falling, falling…
All around me vast, empty blackness,
Inside me vast, black emptiness,
And the painful awareness that you are gone.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed to Rose Kahendi under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In America, everything is politicized

Salvaging The Help, a film worth watching

Believe it or not, polygamy isn't evil